Avo pearl (2000) / Robe fixtures

kurzweil_dude

Hi, got a venue with a pearl 2000 (04 software) and a few robe 250 spots&washes. Every Saturday night is club night and sometimes a technician isn't always about to look after lighting.

It's quite laborious having to write out instructions for a novice/promoter/Barman to follow... although its simple to us, getting them to locate fixtures etc usually results in phone calls/problems.

All the playbacks/chases rely on the fixtures being located to play back properly... Without having to re-record all the playbacks is there a way to get the movers to automatically 'locate' after they power and lamp on?

Cheers

No. Either merge in the necessary values or create a playback or palette that contains them all and tell them to fire it first. I usually have a couple of numeric palettes for start and stop. All the inexperienced people I have ever had operate clubs have managed to fire these at the beginning and end and do lamp off etc.

I'm with Nic here, if I know someone is going to be touching my desk (god for bid), who doesn't know what they're doing, creating a palette or palettes numbered 1, 2, 3 and notating that these must be fired before operation normally helps, then another set of numbers or letters at the end of the day or event.

Of course, the way to eradicate the problem totally, would be to have a professional operating the lighting at all times, you'll never be able to rule out errors.

Of course, the way to eradicate the problem totally, would be to have a professional operating the lighting at all times, you'll never be able to rule out errors.

Oh I agree completely. Unfortunately 'management' see it as a cost not justifiable.... :/

I'm a firm believer in you pay for what you get, if you want your venue to be 'the venue' in the local area, you have to pay for it. Could be a fine example of pennypinching, or a genuine financial reason.

Alas.

Archived