Cirque du Soleil accident

Roderick

Circus-industry wide shock - Though (statistically) this was inevitable (cirque have NEVER had an in-performance serious injury or death across 40+ shows and tens of thousands of performances) its most shocking it's happened on KA as it was famous for being the template for circus at-height safety policy; the obsessive attention to detail & numerous fail safes make this accident all the more shocking.

Deeply saddening and a tragedy for her young family. Cirque are renowned for their approach to safety and I had the privilege of working with some of the folk on their one and only show with Creative Overdose of Kinetic Energy (C.O.K.E.) in the UK.

Once I had been "inducted" they let no-one else on our site, including the promoter, anywhere near the kit. They were obsessive about safety of performers and integrity of their equipment. I can't imagine how this happened though it shows that you simply cannot be too careful.

Archived