Could you do me a favour ?

Guest lightnix

Guest lightnix

Chaps / Chapesses,

if you have a couple of secs to spare, could you just try clicking into my website. When I try to do it, it takes forever. The navigation bar frame gets there eventually (although one of the buttons seems to have vanished), but I get a "This page cannot be found" page for the main index.htm frame. However, when I hit the Home button it drops in like a shot :o

I updated/loaded the site a few days ago, but the problems seem to have carried over / magnified - I get other dud pages :ph34r:

Is it me, the site, my ageing P2 366 Korean rebadged laptop (P4 desktop coming soon :D ), Windows 98 Mk2 or my ISP ? I'm having a few doubts about Pipex at the moment :rolleyes:

I need to know because I'm launching a new site myself soon, using some of the rest of the 50Mb that comes with my account and I want to know that the platform is stable :blink: I'll be looking for a few beta testers myself, soon ;)

On the other hand, new machine = new ISP :angry: I could easily make the old site part of the new site, they were both done with the same software... :)

Thanks in advance B)

God, I just love these smileys :(

It was very slow in both Netscape 6 and IE6 for me - and I was using a P4 desktop with a T1 connection...

Sounds like an ISP problem to me.

Then again, Win98 SE is officially sh*te, so it could be that (that's what the P$ has on it at my end.)

Will try later at home with Cable and Win XP.

Guest lightnix

OK, thanks everybody. It seems to be OK from here now, both on my ADSL and my other half's 56k Freeserve connection. Must have been a glitch.

No more replies needed, unless it's to say what a fab site it is :blink:

Archived