Point loading data for Aluminium scaff tube?

BlueShift

Hi there,

I have an application where I'd like to hang a 400kg load, by means of an appropriately rated half coupler onto 500mm section box truss.

In order to avoid rolling the truss, I want to center the load under the motors.

Since the truss's load bearing perpendicular members are in the wrong places, I had planned to create one by means of a piece of 600mm aluminium scaff tubes, and two 500kg SWL swivel couplers attached to the upstage and downstage chords of said truss.

However, I can't for the life of me find point loading data for aluminium scaff tube in those kinds of spans.

Can anyone point me in the direction of loading figures?

I have an application where I'd like to hang a 400kg load,

planned to create one by means of a piece of 600mm aluminium scaff tubes,

and two 500kg SWL swivel couplers attached to the upstage and downstage chords of said truss.

Can anyone point me in the direction of loading figures?

400kg CPL on a 600mm span could be getting close to be a bit worrying,

so .... what type of scaff tube?

- Alloy?

- Wall thickness?

Hi Guys,

thanks for the replies.

Firstly: yes, a truss adapter creates the point just fine, and that is normally what I would use (and will end up using for this job unless I get some loading data).

The reason my preferred way would be to rig off a tube is because I'm wanting to use a bracket on the load that allows me to set a precise horizontal rotation angle in degrees.

I spoke to doughty, who said if it was their aluminium tube, it wouldn't take the load. But they also thought that <100kg would be the practical limit, which seems awfully low to me.

The job is today, so I'll be doing this with appropriately rated truss adapters, but I would like to try this at some point in a testing environment!

Archived