Congo Senior

Bandit

This will be my first post in the Blue Room and I hope that somebody may be able to help me set up a template on our Congo Senior console?

We have just recently purchased three section (6m x 3m) of Star07 star cloth. According to the very small instruction booklet that came with it, I think its indicating that each section requires or uses 5 dimmer address? Will this in effect mean that with all three sections zipped and plugged together the whole star cloth will require 15 dimmer addresses. Our goal is to have the star cloth on either all the time, which I think we have achieved, albeit the right or wrong way. And ultimately we would like to create a random twinkling effect between the three sections. The template is our first hurdle as I'm not sure we have done that correctly, although we do have all the LED's working.

Any guidance would be gratefully received, as its very seldom we find ourselves patching new devices.

Many thanks :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the ETC software or personalities at all, but for those that are this is a LEDJ product, link to manual here.

Essentially all the channels are shutter attributes (4x closed/strobe%/open + 1x strobe%/open as master). The behaviour of the master is not entirely clear from the description.

You would probably not want these as dimmers as that would mean they would trigger a strobe if you ever faded from blackout to on.

I'm not familiar with the ETC software or personalities at all, but for those that are this is a LEDJ product, link to manual here.

Essentially all the channels are shutter attributes (4x closed/strobe%/open + 1x strobe%/open as master). The behaviour of the master is not entirely clear from the description.

You would probably not want these as dimmers as that would mean they would trigger a strobe if you ever faded from blackout to on.

Hi niclights, thanks for the reply. I think we are going to have to try different ways of setting this up. Its strange that you mention about triggering a strobe effect because we did try to fade the LEDs slightly on the fader and getting below 50% started a very slow strobe effect almost to the point of the twinkle effect. Although it did turn out to be more of a pulse than a twinkle. More research and more trying I think. I can remember something similar regarding the attributes when we set up our LED PARs, there was an Intensity, Strode, and the three RGB attributes. Could be a similar setup maybe?

If Niclights has the right manual, then it doesn't have a dimming channel at all.

So you won't be able to fade it in and out regardless.

DMX Offset 5 is just a Mode selector - 0-100 "Flash", 101-255 "All-On-Solid"

I'd build the template as:

DMX Offset 1-4 = Strobe 1 thru 4, FWI ticked.

DMX Offset 5 = Mode

Each Strobe with three ranges: 0-0 Off, 21-230 Strobe, 255-255 On.

Mode with two ranges: 0-0 Strobe and 255-255 All On

Ticking "Fade With Intensity" (FWI) for DMX Offsets 1-4 is simply to get it to black them out when Intensity is at zero (GM or B/O switch).

When programming, remember to set the Intensity to FULL or ZERO, nothing else.

If Niclights has the right manual, then it doesn't have a dimming channel at all.

So you won't be able to fade it in and out regardless.

DMX Offset 5 is just a Mode selector - 0-100 "Flash", 101-255 "All-On-Solid"

I'd build the template as:

DMX Offset 1-4 = Strobe 1 thru 4, FWI ticked.

DMX Offset 5 = Mode

Each Strobe with three ranges: 0-0 Off, 21-230 Strobe, 255-255 On.

Mode with two ranges: 0-0 Strobe and 255-255 All On

Ticking "Fade With Intensity" (FWI) for DMX Offsets 1-4 is simply to get it to black them out when Intensity is at zero (GM or B/O switch).

When programming, remember to set the Intensity to FULL or ZERO, nothing else.

Thanks for the reply Tomo, I'll give this a try and see how I get on. Shame about the non-twinkling, I should have researched a little more before getting the new star cloth. On off will be good, as it looks very good compared to our old one. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply Tomo, I'll give this a try and see how I get on. Shame about the non-twinkling, I should have researched a little more before getting the new star cloth. On off will be good, as it looks very good compared to our old one. Thanks again.

I would expect you can get some nice "twinkles" by setting the four "Strobe" attributes to different values.

The main limitation of this particular starcloth seems to be that there's no dimming, just "on/flashing/off".

Archived