Antenna for JTS Belt Pack

Bobbsy

My son's school has just asked me to "have a look" at a JTS PT 920BG belt pack which has gone intermittant.

My first look shows me that somebody has badly graunched the antenna just where it exits the strain relief. I don't know if that's the only fault but it's one I have to fix before checking anything else.

Lot's of Googling later I've failed to find any sort of service manual or supplier of spare parts down here in Aus. Has anyone had to change a JTS belt pack antenna before? I don't want to just start pulling and prying--but unlike more pro gear I've used before the antenna doesn't seem to screw on and off.

If I can't find a new antenna to buy, I'd plan to just use a measured length of stiff wire but would appreciate any/all advice on how they mount.

Thanks. I've now had it apart and it is, indeed, just a matter of soldering a wire onto a pin in the top corner of the circuit board.

I'd found that company before but, on a phone call, they just said they don't deal with end users and referred me to a retailer who, in turn, said they only deal in systems, not spare parts.

Anyhow, since it seems like a Catch 22 I've now emailed the distributor to see if that gets me through to somebody more reasonable.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, the JTS Aus distributor weren't interested in getting a spare antenna (it would have been a special order from JTS on 8-12 weeks delivery and it was too small an amount for them to want to place the order. They did try hard to sell a whole new TX pack.

Jansen in NZ referred me to the Aus distributor.

So, as of today I just built something with some wire from the junk box and some heat shrink tubing. Seems to work fine.

I wonder how many people grinch their antennas and get sold a whole new TX pack? Perhaps I should set up a business!

Archived