Insert Leads

Suzette

Hi all,

Am looking in RS catalogue as I type for a suitable cable to make audio insert leads - 2 x mono jack to 1 x stereo jack. To be used on A&H GL2200 desk to insert compressors onto channels --- can't see a suitable cable (but not 110% certain what I'm looking for...) can anyone help --- I need to place order in next hour to ensure delivery by tomorrow so a quick reply would be appreciated...

PS - not got masses of money left and still need to buy jack plugs as well!

hi,

for an insert lead you just need a stereo spliter lead.. they are pretty common.. just make sure they are 1/4 inch jacks.. ie. one stereo jack to two mono jacks..

rgds

chris

or do you mean cable as apposed to made up cable.. normaly figure of 8 cable is good as you can get the joint bit into the stereo plug and split the two cores to go into the mono plugs.

OK - for those who may have access to a RS book - would stock number 362-667 be suitable? It is 6 core 7/0.1mm (0.055mm sq) tinned ccopper stranded conductors covered by 0.2mm PVC and outer sheath black PVC. max diameter 3.3mm

I presuming I could then use 3 cores for each mono plug - L, R and screen - and then on the stereo end join the 2 screens etc. together???

Am I right?

Made up cables from VDC are very expensive, compared to buying the bits and making oneself...

can't find a figure of 8 cable in RS apart from flat cable which won't coild very well etc. The round figure of 8 from maplin is what I need but our account is with RS - anyone help with an RS stock number ??? I just can't see what I need....

Yeah, that's where I'd have gone. VDC are top choice - v good quality and not expensive either.

Edit: ooh, kinda contradicted ya, with out knowing it! sorry! - I'm sure the cable ain't bad on it's own though

Made up cables from VDC are very expensive, compared to buying the bits and making oneself...

can't find a figure of 8 cable in RS apart from flat cable which won't coild very well etc. The round figure of 8 from maplin is what I need but our account is with RS - anyone help with an RS stock number ??? I just can't see what I need....

RS part No 367-561 will do the trick, its not ideal, being a bit stiff compared with neoprene sheathed but its about the best you will get from RS.

Brian

I'm sure I've bought some of these from CPC for a couple of pounds before - but I don't have a paper catalogue handy, and the online one is terrible.

The last time I needed one of these in a hurry ( and cheaply) I went to my local supplier (www.tait-components.com) - they're 5 minutes from my office. They didn't have exactly what I needed, but I got a 6.35mm stereo to 2x phono cable (80p) and 2 phono-jack adaptors at 25p each.

Bruce.

Archived