Barriers for hiding control positions.

Hi, do any of you know what to call or where to get the barriers that are used to hide control positions?

dont know where to start searching.

I have seen a system that was made up of some boards, with metal joiners at the ends, with angle joiners available. Looking for something thats going to be easily transported.

A 8' x 3' or 8' x 4' masking flat on its side, pin hinged to a 4' x 3' or 4' x 4' at either end makes a nice masking solution.

You need 3"x1" timber, glue, screws and black molton or serge and some pin hinges.

Big local receiving house have similar to what's described above, only instead of an 8' x 4' as the cross piece they have a 8' x 1' with a big legth of cloth stapled to it that reaches down to the floor. The 1' width gives it the strength to hold the 4' x 4' ends upright, but it's not as heavy and also means you can have a few different heights at which it attaches to the 4' x 4's so it suits a standing or seated mixing position equally as well.

For a while now I've been looking for a similar system of my own as often my venues don't have a neat solution, so it always looks untidy. The idea would be a pipe and drape system similar to those used on exhibition stands and conference sets.

We have sets of 6 2x3ft black boards connectee together. They come in a carry case. I'll find the name when I get in to work.

They're the sort of thing panelwarehouse.com calls folding display boards

• 2 weeks later...
I have used control hides exactly as the OP describes. Double sided black hard wearing material, but lightweight, with angled metal joiners that pin neatly to the corners. They were made by a company called Blackwall, but I can't help with a link.

Archived