Setting up a Behringer DCX2496 Loudspeaker Management system

hello guys, my name is Tommy. please I need help in hooking up behringer drive rack and seting up, configuring cross-over settings, etc

pls I also need some explanation on what ( "AES/EBU out" on the x32 behringer mixer) is and how to configure the speaker management using that as output from the x32 mixer.

thanks pips.

Hi Tommy,

That's a pretty open-ended question. Is there any particular aspect of setting it up that you're stuck with? The manual is pretty decent and does a fair job of explaining how to do things but does assume a certain amount of familiarity with the concepts of crossovers, limiters, delays etc. The last time I had a play with one, I found it reasonably intuitive even without a manual.

If you can ask more specific questions, you should get more useful help. As a starting point, you'll need to know the power handling of your speakers, the frequency ranges that they're happy with and the gain of your amplifiers. This information will enable you to set up things like the crossover and limiter correctly.

Just to add that it is a whole lot easier to set using the PC software than on the device itself - and then use a serial link. The hardest part of doing it that way is getting the serial port configured!

Archived