Zero88 Fat Frog not saving all cues.

DrummerJonny

Hey All, I'm having a few issues with the Frog in my venue.

It seems to be refusing to save Point Cues (Eg: 11.5) and Jump Cues when the desk is powered down. This includes if I save the show to Floppy before power off and Load again after power-on.

My show file is a bit special, so here are some details:

Approx 400 cues, spread across the desk (one show at Q150, the next at Q250 ect ect.)

I'm attempting to use Q's 1-5 as "Jumps" to jump to the start of each show.

Qs 990-999 are in use for a variety of chases I have saved to the Submasters.

Any Ideas? I'd check firmware version ect but I'm currently running a preshow state with audience in.

How's the state of the internal memory backup battery? Might need replacing, they do odd things when it gets low.

David

Not too sure at the moment. Possibly never been replaced. It's hopefully on our "to do" list when my head tech comes out in a couple of weeks, along with a couple of dodgy faders.

If you look back a few weeks we had similar issues with our Fat Frog which turned out to be the battery. However if the floppy has got all the cues stored on it then these should reload if you load the show from diskette when you power on. However the dead battery on ours still showed as battery status OK in super user but operation went immediately back to normal when it was replaced. In our cases modified cues were not being stored (but the original ones were but these reloaded from diskette ok).

Peter

Archived