Robe 1200 LED Wash & Luminex RDM

johnhuson

I'm currently testing out a Luminex 8-port Ethernet to DMX Node and I'm testing with Robe Robin 1200 LED Wash fixtures. I'm having issues when trying to talk to the Robe's via RDM. Everytime some RDM data comes from the Luminex the Robe 1200 drops it's DMX signal and won't come back without a hard power cycle.

I first tried using the RDM tool in the Luminex Monitor PC app and experienced the problem. I then tried talking to the fixtures using the Robe Universal Interface and Robe's RDM Network tool (taking the Luminex box out of the equation) and the fixtures talk fine and don't loose DMX signal. I then tried using the Robe Universal interface with it's output connected to one of the ports of the Luminex which is set to an input and then routing out to the relevant universe that the Robe's are connected to and the problem reappears.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had issues with Luminex nodes and RDM or similar problems with Robe products when using RDM? I'm fairly sure that the Luminex box is the problem but it could be that the Robe's are a bit fussy about the RDM signal. Unfortunately I don't have any other RDM compatible devices available at the moment to further diagnose this.

I'll obviously be speaking to Luminex and Robe on Tuesday but in the short term wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar?

Archived