15A panel

RoyF18

I'm want to make a few 19" panels (2U each) with 6 15A sockets on them. Is there anyone/anywhere who make/sell these or the components to make them? So far I've found this panel and this socket but they're both from Terralec who I don't trust whatsoever.

Any help greatly appreciated

Edit: sorry the links only take you to the Terralec online shop homepage, but it's product codes 239 and 229 respectively.

I'm want to make a few 19" panels (2U each) with 6 15A sockets on them. Is there anyone/anywhere who make/sell these or the components to make them? So far I've found this panel and this socket but they're both from Terralec who I don't trust whatsoever.

Isn't Terralec's website the worst attempt at a site ever?

The sockets you identify can be bought from Rapid Electronics for a lot less than Terralec are asking.

Couldn't find a panel from Rapid, but people like Penn Fabrication ought to be able to help you there.

Also take a look at Andolite for possible solutions.

Just a bit of a warning for you, I brought a pre-punched 16A panel from CPC (made by Penn Fabrications) and some panel-mount socket and plugs and they didn't fit together, the holes in the panel didn't match with those in the connectors. I then subsequently checked the CPC catalogue and from what I could see none of the available connectors from a large collection of manufacturers would fit.

So make sure you check all the dimensions before ordering.

PN

I find the best thing to do is to buy your sockets and then take them down to your local metal fabricator, this will make sure the connectors fit and you can often get them to customize them with your details.

Calder

Archived