Starville DMX Splitter 2

numberwrong

Ok, thanks Brian -

To be more specific then, a venue I work in sometimes has problems with the house lights (dimmers) flickering. I dont know the length of the tie lines but I suspect the run normally used from the desk (patched at 2 different points) is quite long so I have always put a buffer in line at the patch point on stage which solves the problem.

I've told the in house guys this and they now have this 'Starville 2' splitter in line where I have used a good branded buffer in the past. However one of the in house techs says they still had some problems.

Is this because the Starville product isn't up to it?

Also, is it possible to get a splitter that isn't a buffer ie just splits the line but doesn't increase the line length capabilities or number of fixtures at can be run off one line?

Thanks

Also, is it possible to get a splitter that isn't a buffer ie just splits the line but doesn't increase the line length capabilities or number of fixtures at can be run off one line?

That's called a bit of choc-block http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Ha!, yeah not that you'd want one, just somthing to be aware of if they do exist

That's called a bit of choc-block http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

From nothing more than the diagram on the top, it looks to have the same parentage as the eight output splitters that many of us have, and for that unit each of the eight outputs is individually and correctly driven. However, the isolation is only in pairs not individuals.

Archived