quartet reflectors

eamon

Hi all

I am looking at my relatively healthy stock of 21 Quartet lanterns. Most of the unit are 12 years plus old and in good nick with regular servicing etc.

I have 15no. Quartet F's and 6no Quartet PC's. I run them all at 650w.

My query is; Can you still get reflectors for these units and if not is there a work around for replacements?

I have a vague re-collection of asking this question a couple of years back (search revealed no answer) and there been a negative tone in the responses!

I managed to get 6no. reflectors from the last of the spares the local supplier had a long while back but am looking to get more as it would make more sense to replace them all in one go. By doing this I could get another 12 years out of the lanterns!

Does anybody have any leads??

many thanks

eamon

I think it is time I/we started a facebook campaign. I can see the niche request being expanded to become a very popular one!

Now, must become a facebook member.....

eamon

Do you need reflectors as you've lost them or do you simply need them re-silvering?

If the latter, stick 'reflector resilvering' into google and be amazed at how many places will do it for you.

Do you need reflectors as you've lost them or do you simply need them re-silvering?

If the latter, stick 'reflector resilvering' into google and be amazed at how many places will do it for you.

Aha!

I have never heard of re-silvering.

I am looking to replace the reflectors in the units I have due to age and use. The units are all working perfectly just trying to keep them young & healthy.

thanks for the tip. I will have a look.

cheers

eamon

Plenty of automotive chromers, too, who will clean etch and chrome/silver for a reasonable price.

E2A

Brian's suggestion does , indeed, throw up loads of automoptove plating companies. They are used to putting highly reflective and durable coatings on to bits of metal that get very hot.

Have the reflectors changed in the current Quartet range or are the parts off the current range still compatible?

I have a modern one if it helps but it's a profile - not certain if they are common between the types as well.

The fresnels and pcs use the same spherical reflector, but the profiles use an ellipsoidal reflector.

I'm not aware of any differences in reflectors between Mk1 and Mk2 stock, but I haven't had them next to each other.

As above rechroming existing stock is probably the most economic route unless the reflectors are badly damaged.

Archived