New Lighting Desk

Illuminatio

Don't forget that only a few years ago on here, probably 08 maybe? everyone was recommending Congos as the 'standard' to replace Strands with, now people are buying ETC. For somebody in 07/08 equipping a college with a desk so that they could learn 'industry standard', those people are now leaving uni needing ETC, not Congo skills - so any attempt at keeping up is doomed. They can be taught process, and the results of the button pushing, but trying to keep current os scary! Also probably pointless!

Hi Matt - yes, I did consider the Element, and it's very familiar to an old bloke raised on Arri desks, but Mac500 is correct about it being unsuitable for movers. I quite liked the Orb, but it seems to me to be a Zero88 masquerading as a Strand or ETC desk and it's overpriced - there's also too much unoccupied real estate on the control surface, great tracts of open space without a fader or encoder in sight. Presumably that's why they decorated it with little stars; fine for a 12-year-old girl's bedroom but not in my LX box!

I think it will have to be ChamSys.

When are we having that beer?

an off the wall suggestion, but the Vista from Jands is a cracking desk,that can run rings round a chamsys when it comes to lights like the robin LED wash 600's etc that seem to be everywhere now, (the time line editing is nice to work with as well)

I would give the guys at AC a shout and no doubt they will come down and do a demo for you.

oh, and it may be worth getting some students to have a look as well, as no doubt, they will the ones be using it.

regards

Bob.

Hi Nick,

As Bob says we are happy to come down and Demo a Vista, I will be in touch Via Email.

Many thanks for the Vista demo yesterday, Paul. Absolutely fascinating - a beautiful desk. It is a revelation how much more creative and intuitive desks have become. The StageCL was impressive, too. An ideal solution for anyone wanting to control a modest LED rig.

(Still can't find my Wysiwyg dongle, though)

Nick

Archived