Avolites pearl expert

Dmx512

Did a gig last night and used the theartre multi for DMX stage to control area but unknown to me the talkback was also patched into the same channel.

This came apparent when a burning aroma eminated from the desk !!

This fried output A but the other three universes are ok...does anyone know if the output cards are interchangeable so I can move a working card back to output A ?

The two output cards are identical but you would need to change their panel ID's for the software to recognise the change of assignment.

Personally I would just reassign the lines to working nodes in DMX Settings and then speak to service. Chances are it will just be a driver IC that has blown. If that is the case you could move one of the IC's rather than moving cards and changing ID's. This would be much easier. There might even be spares on the card.

Ok thanks...I reasigned the lights to B universe and show went on but was a scary moment..do you know if the ic's are plug in or soldered ?

Is it easy to move all the stuff that was on line A to line B ?

I've seen photos of the output boards in a Pearl something, and the ICs were socketed.

In my opinion, its crazy not to socket these chips, as if there is a electrical problem, they're first in the firing line.

Yes, they're all on sockets and are immediately accessible when you open the lid. Call service tomorrow and I'm sure they'll talk you through it.

It is easy to assign lines to outputs:

- Go to system/[DMX Settings]

- Assuming output nodes are already assigned somewhere simply click the [x] on one you want to use on in the lines section on the right (for example B). This will move it back to available nodes in Expert DMX on the left. Click on this node and then click on the line on the right you want it assigned to (ie. Line 1)

Archived