Lack of bose controller unit.

mostlyharmless

Right, so now im in 6th form, the school didnt really have a technical team..

But I discovered today, accidently when I walked into the hall to check what lighting bars we have for the upcomming dance show. A new team has been found of people who do it at a local theatre or something, and little they are too.

But basically we have 2 systems, one wiht bose speakers and one without. Becuase the older bose system is quite old and been lugged around so much the cd players a bit dodgy.

So the new team where running the bose speakers, becuase they couldnt get the other ones off the wall, and the new rack case, without a controller unit!

Does this damage the speaker, cos I had a good yell at them and moaned to the drama teacher, before resettig up their system using 1/2 of each rack case.

As luck would have it, another running thread at http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=5639 might be of use to you.

But, as said, it shouldn't physically damage anything, other than perhaps the sensitivities of anybody listening to some very strangely EQ'd music.

Bob

ah ok, I wasnt there so I couldnt tell you what it sounded like, but its good to kno it didnt break anything.

Or...to put it another way:

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose."

The controller unit is required to correct a VERY skewed frequency response engineered into the speakers themselves. With work it's possible to come close to the right response using a standard graphic EQ, but life's too short.

Given a choice, I wouldn't ever use Bose voluntarily!

Bob

Archived