Zero 88 Fat Frog

michael

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with a Zero 88 Fat Frog at my local venue.The issue occurs when using the submasters and preset faders, when we raise a fader nothing happens until it reaches 70% and then the channel snaps to 100%.This problem only happens when using the preset and submasters faders but we are still able to fade all of the channel from 0-100% using the grandmaster?

We have ruled out the problem with the dimmers as they have no options to alter the dimming curve and the issue not occurring when using the GM.

Has anyone come across this issue before and could suggest what the problem could be?

Thank you :)

Michael

Michael - sounds like a fader failed - possibly one of the preset masters or a submaster.

Your local Zero88 repair centre should be able to diagnose and correct the fault if you can give them sight of the desk. It's not an unknown problem and relatively easy to sort out - you should be without the desk for 2-3 days I'm guesssing, they might even be able to loan you a desk if you have something imminent.

Sorry I should have explained a bit better.It is all of the preset faders and all of the submasters with the same problem which makes me think it could be an issue with the main PCB?

Michael

It's unlikely (but not unknown I suppose) for it to be a main board problem - each group 12 of faders runs on it's on fader panel with an A to D converter for that panel (located on that panel) and the sub panel is a fader panel by itself. For the 'fault' to be consistently affecting the same channels with the same fault, I would be suspecting one of the preset masters or the grand master and checking that first, I would expect more unpredictability for a main board problem.

The desk needs to be put in close proximity with someone who can test and diagnose the fault i.e. a Zero supported repair centre and not the disco shop down the road "Because he fixed our amplifier once" - I've seen too many 'scrap' frogs with only a battery failed or a GM fader failed :P

Archived