Moving lights for beginners..

mostlyharmless

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As smeggie said, the manual really is great.

Have you downloaded the Phantom Frog from the Zero 88 Website? Its a virtual frog program. What I found good when learning the Frog range was to have the Phantom frog with the manual reading and trying as I went.

The best way to learn really is to just play with the kit! I learn't how to use the Fat Frog in about half a day (and im a noiseboy! :) ).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

ah, forgot about that - download it and, if you know your patch setup, you can pre plot a fair bit of it all.

[also, you can make a start with getting across the road :)]

tis a great little OLE - you can save the plotted show to a disk too [if I remember correctly]

have fun

As smeggie said, the manual really is great.

Have you downloaded the Phantom Frog from the Zero 88 Website? Its a virtual frog program. What I found good when learning the Frog range was to have the Phantom frog with the manual reading and trying as I went.

The best way to learn really is to just play with the kit! I learn't how to use the Fat Frog in about half a day (and im a noiseboy!  :o ).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks, ill go look at that.

I love the way you all make the excuse of being a noiseboy, ill use the excuse and im just a bassist who pretends to know what hes doing

:)

Had the opportunity to use 3x Robe 250s last week (first venture into moving lights) run off a Strand 520.

Needless to say, I ended up with the manual from Robe's website (VERY helpful), but due to the fixture files on the 520 being screwed up, we only used them with the Submasters, which was fun...

So yeah, try Robe's website for the manuals & other handy info :D

Had the opportunity to use 3x Robe 250s last week (first venture into moving lights) run off a Strand 520.

Needless to say, I ended up with the manual from Robe's website (VERY helpful), but due to the fixture files on the 520 being screwed up, we only used them with the Submasters, which was fun...

So yeah, try Robe's website for the manuals & other handy info  :D

Should I go forthe robe 250xt spot or wash?

This is for a dance show, just two of them to just add effects to the fixed lights.

It would depend on what the actual fixtures are! In principal if it's the same model number and there's the option for spot or wash I presume that the DMX values and such-like would be the same, but cannot guarantee that.

Also, the 250s just happen to be what I used. If this is what you will be hiring in or not, I do not know!

Best bet would be to contact the person who is hiring in the equipment to ask the model number of them.

Feel free to PM me if need be :D

It would depend on what the actual fixtures are! In principal if it's the same model number and there's the option for spot or wash I presume that the DMX values and such-like would be the same, but cannot guarantee that.

Also, the 250s just happen to be what I used. If this is what you will be hiring in or not, I do not know!

Best bet would be to contact the person who is hiring in the equipment to ask the model number of them.

Feel free to PM me if need be  :D

It is this:

http://www.robe.cz/default.aspx?contentid=...b2-3e356457ee73

or this:

http://www.robe.cz/default.aspx?contentid=...B2-3E356457EE73

I think im going to go with the spot, due to it having morecolours, gobos, prisms etc. which is all we are really using them for.

• 4 weeks later...

Robe is nice... nice output and good price to match...

I know alot of LDs who use Frog for small concerts and would use nothing else... After frog its a big leap to Hog2 or 3...

HEY I never knew Frog 2 was out yet... haven't been following the frog line much...

Give it a few years and LDs will start specifying them for big rigs (rather than saying xspot, mac2000 and NOTHING ELSE) but then end up with MAC600, 550, 500 and 250 krypton because nothing else is available haha...!!!

HEY I never knew Frog 2 was out yet... haven't been following the frog line much...

I didn't think it was!

They had the hardware pretty much fixed by PLASA 2004, but they had barely begun on the software - I expect they got a whole stack of ideas for things to implement from the show, which was probably much the main idea of taking it there.

Archived