Modern Apprenticeships

Just a quick question... what kind of standing does a Modern Apprenticeship like this have in the 'real' world? How would an applicant to a job with a Modern Apprenticeship qualification fare against someone with a BA in Tech theatre? (Obviously the quality if the person would play a part, but isolating the qualifications?)

Joe

If you access the information it is all there for you but the qualifications are in no way comparable.

What the MA does is give the apprentice one year's hands on experience, engaging with professional practitioners in a real world situation. Oh and £170 a week. At 16 to 18 I would recommend it if only for the applicant to discover whether they like the life before spending 3 years and thousands of quid on a degree. (Yes I know about Scots fees.)

The degree can always come after the apprenticeship which itself could be of huge benefit over school leavers. At least you would have contacts in the industry to seek part-time work while studying.

Personally I would prefer to offer work to someone with five years of real work under their belt than someone who had done a degree yet with nobody whom I could phone and ask what s/he was like. Personal opinion only.

Archived