Cargo Nets

Suzette

I'm trying to source a large cargo net, as used by Army assault courses. It needs to be approx 25' x 25' and have fixing points along all the sides so that I can attach it to a flying bar...... then students can climb up it !!! (Directors have great ideas don't they!)

Have checked with theatre re: their bar fixed to grid, non-moveable etc.... all sorted.

Needs to be very strong and preferably rated - then risk assessment can be done properly.

Have made enquiries at Territorial Army ... not looking hopeful...anyone got any other bright ideas????

Cheers

Suzette

Terry Tew hire Camouflage netting, I'm not sure if this is the decorative stuff or the heavier stuff for climbing on.

Website - They're listed under 'Staging and Scenic' in the price list.

Hope this helps!

You might know this already but...

When trying to cadge off the army, make sure you get to speak to the Quartermaster. Before now, I've had parachutes off them by going directly to the Quartermaster even after the Camp Commandant had said no (Though I did have to collect and deposit the parachutes at specific times of day when it was known that the Commandant would be on his tea-break and wouldn't catch us! - Felt like I was in a spy film).

Good luck - and if you fail with one army/TA base, try a couple more, and you'll probably hit upon a friendly Quartermaster somewhere eventually.

Archived