Fogger help

gchris

hey I have one more ? the other I was using my hurricane fogger with a wireless control and with out me touching it it just went off and filled the room up with smoke we hade to unplug it I later found a split in the tank I fixed it but do you think that caused it to go off or was it smiting else .this never happened before

Moderation, 8/3/05 23:40 - topic title changed to better reflect the content of the topic. When starting new topics, would members please select an appropriate title for the topic? Simply calling each and every topic you start "Lighting" doesn't really cut it....

I cant see how a split in the tank could have caused the machine to start producing smoke, I cant see how a split can turn on the fluid pump.

chances are the remote is at fault, or you got some sort of interfearence on the IR remote.

sometimes when you press the button the wireless it can sometime get stuck whilst depressed this would cause the machine to produce smoke, as soon as it was at temperture

vince

Alternatively, you could have had a timer running. I dont know the particular machine, but many smoke machine remotes have a timer function to release smoke every xx seconds. If this was set, you would have had a burst of smoke without touching the remote.

I cant see how a split in the tank could have caused the machine to start producing smoke, I cant see how a split can turn on the fluid pump.

chances are the remote is at fault, or you got some sort of interfearence on the IR remote.

sometimes when you press the button the wireless it can sometime get stuck whilst depressed this would cause the machine to produce smoke, as soon as it was at temperture

vince

do you think that the juice might have tuched the bord got it wet?

Its a possibility.....................but if I remember rightly the fogger you have is only a budget one, so there isnt much in the way of circuitry, I also think that the PCB is quite high in the machine so unless fluid runs up!! which by gravity it doesnt chances are that it didnt get wet.

Also if there was an issue with shorting out, due to fluid the machine would have just blown its fuse rather than produce smoke.

Out of interest is the wireless remote the one supplied with the machine??

or have u just bought it???/

vince

Its a possibility.....................but if I remember rightly the fogger you have is only a budget one, so there isn't much in the way of circuitry, I also think that the PCB is quite high in the machine so unless fluid runs up!! which by gravity it doesn't chances are that it didn't get wet.

Also if there was an issue with shorting out, due to fluid the machine would have just blown its fuse rather than produce smoke.

Out of interest is the wireless remote the one supplied with the machine??

or have ua just bought it???/

vince

its the one for the fogger.I has the fogger behind two amps do you think that did it?it started working when we moved it

Hi gchris,

THe smoke machine you have looks like a copy of our Antari F80Z which will almost certainly mean there is no PCB inside!

If yours has a wireless remote then your machine could have been triggered by other radio waves nearby such as TAxi's. I have not heard any reports of Wireless foggers being started by Wireless radio mics so there's no problem there.

Regarding your split tank, Can you measure your tank if its the same as the one in an F80z ill send you one of ours from our parts bin

Ian kirby

Hi gchris,

THe smoke machine you have looks like a copy of our Antari F80Z which will almost certainly mean there is no PCB inside!

If yours has a wireless remote then your machine could have been triggered by other radio waves nearby such as TAxi's. I have not heard any reports of Wireless foggers being started by Wireless radio mics so there's no problem there.

Regarding your split tank, Can you measure your tank if its the same as the one in an F80z ill send you one of ours from our parts bin

Ian kirby

the tank is the same .but I was able to fix it .I think your right about radio waves .when we moved it then it was working ok. thanks for your help

Archived