Usedful Ltd

ChrisBogg

From what people have found out and a quick look at their site, where prices are randomly in either GBP or Euros, my guess is they are basically just a listing site - they are selling on behalf of others rather than them buying in kit and re-selling. i.e. they take commission. :unsure:

Well from my search the domain "usedful.eu" was registered by someone called web experts in Greece in 2010!

Interesting, I had to use the eurid.eu to get an actual registrant name and email as the other WHOIS providers I tried had Undisclosed. The TLD of the email doesn't lead anywhere, but as you say, all Greek domains. Web-Experts themselves are obviously just the provider or reseller of web infrastructure.

Quite an international effort for a Manchester residential address huh.

Quite an international effort for a Manchester residential address huh.

Can anyone with more knowledge of this area than me comment on the possible benefits for a business of going to all this "international effort"?

I can understand that a .eu address could be useful if you are trying to sell gear Europe-wide, but surely they are available from UK registrants?

We operate physical premises in England but our web server is physically based somewhere in the USA but operated/owned by an Indian company, our domains come from a company registered in Lichtenstein but with a UK trading address and customer support staff who are in Ireland. It's not all some conspiracy on our part; simply the nature of the internet and I know from personal experience it's actually very hard to control which countries the companies you deal with online ACTUALLY operate in. Just because a service provider has a .co.uk domain and an office address in London (cost £15/month to rent a fancy London mail forwarding address) doesn't mean they're actually a British company or operating here.

Moderation: AND DESPITE THE REPEATED WARNINGS ANOTHER POST REPEATING EXACTLY THE SAME INFORMATION IS POSTED.

LET ME EXPLAIN THIS BLUNTLY, IN WORDS THAT ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND.

WE DO NOT CARE IF THE POSTS ARE PROVABLE - WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE VALIDITY OF ANY INFORMATION - WE ARE INTERESTED IN THE BLUE ROOM FORUM BEING FREE FROM MATERIAL THAT, AS PUBLISHERS, WOULD NEED TO BE DEFENDED.

WHILE THIS MAY ANNOY SOME MEMBERS WHO FEEL THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO POST WHAT THEY WISH, BECAUSE THEY ARE 'RIGHT' - IT IS, AS WE HAVE REPEATEDLY STATED - OFF LIMITS FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION

WE TAKE NO PLEASURE IN THIS, AND IT IS A HIGHLY UNDESIRABLE STATE OF AFFAIRS, BUT IT IS SIMPLY HOW IT IS.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT FROM HERE ANY MEMBER WHO POSTS AGAIN ANY MENTION OF SPECIFIC FIRMS OR INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE OFF LIMITS , OR DETAILS OF ANY COURT PROCEEDINGS LINKED TO THESE FIRMS OR INDIVIDUALS WILL HAVE THEIR POSTING RIGHTS REMOVED.

WE ARE DEADLY SERIOUS FOLKS - SOME THINGS ARE NOT SUBJECTS FOR DISCUSSION ON THE BLUE ROOM. FEEL FREE TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER, WHERE YOU WILL BECOME THE FOCUS OF ATTENTION - HOWEVER POSTING

I'd quite happily talk to their lawyers.
IS NOT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN - IT WOULD BE THE BLUE ROOM, AS THE PUBLISHER.

IT IS CLEAR SOME MEMBERS CANNOT COMPLY WITH THE REQUESTS WE HAVE MADE, SO AS THE MODERATORS CANNOT BE AROUND ALL THE TIME, I HAVE CLOSED THIS TOPIC. AFTER MORE MODERATORS HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO DISCUSS THIS, WE MAY OPEN IT AGAIN, BUT SADLY I CANNOT (BEING THE ONLY ONE AROUND AT THE MOMENT) TAKE THE CHANCE.

PAUL

Archived