Paying To Apply For Jobs?

erroneousblack

Ah, the joys of Google's "Universal Search" where the only information that appears to exist anywhere are Maps, Shopping, low quality YouTube videos, News and all the other Google products then wrapped in ads and a couple of token real results of eHow quality (also wrapped in the same ad network. A second bite at the cherry, just in case you dared to actually click on something that isn't a Google property).

It's turned what used to be the actual best search engine into a monopolistic thug that talks about not "being evil" while screwing the bejesus out of everyone and makes us all play their game or go home.

Not to worry though because Google will soon no doubt scrape all job details and serve them right there in the same way it does to a lot of other verticals so you will never have to leave the White Page ever again. Better make sure your website plays along and even it does, you may be forced into taking part in Adwords because the days of actually being found for free in competitive search above the fold are long gone.

It'll take a while for your average punter to wise up, however, so if you run a site you'd better keep playing with the only show in town. Keep on Googlin'

That's made me smile :D

I thought I was the only one with a major hatred of Goooooooooogle. They break privacy rules, hinder investigations to the point of commiting yet more legal crime, they have restrictive business practices as described, blah blah blah, yet people seem to think the sun shines out of Goooogle land and that Gooooogle IS the internet :angry:

The only decent thing they have is Gooogle Maps...... and even it's extension Street View is less than savory as descibed (wifi slurp anyone :rolleyes: )... but at least it works well!!!!

Sorry - this should be in Pet hates :** laughs out loud **:

Archived