Clay Paky Alphas - Frameable?

gregog

Hi All,

Quick question.

I need to hire some movers that have both and iris and can be framed (shutters). I know the Mac 2k Performance has these functions, but a friend just mentioned that Clay Paky also have some in their Alpha Range.

Is this true, if so which models so that I can have a look into hire?

Lumin etc isn't too important at this time, but I want profiles, not washes.

Please don't tell me that "google is my friend" I've had a quick look at the data sheets, but time at the moment doesn't permit me to sit through all the bumpf (HUGE set problems) - So I'm looking for recommendations.

Many thanks,

Gregog

I guess you're probably aware of them, but VL1000's also have an iris and framing shutters. We looked at hiring some for a production a couple of years ago, and they're relatively cheap to hire from Stage Electrics. I can't seem to find them on their website, but I think they were around £130 for the week.

Hope this helps,

Max J

The VL1000TS (T being tungsten / S being shuttering) would be an option if you can live without an Iris (and need to save a bit of money) - Richard Martin Lighting have them and list price is a fair bit less than SLX and what that gets discounted to in the finish is between you and them.

AED (only if your a trade customer) also have the Alpha Profile 700s & 1500s if you need a discharge lamped unit.

There are some Alpha Profile 1200 around, but they're generally a much heavier unit compared to the new Alpha kit and unfortunately the ones I've seen haven't been too reliable - Can't say 100% why that was..

HTH,

Tom

Archived