A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Yes I most whole hearlty agree!

Someone (who shall remain nameless and venueless) once wired 4 16A male to male TRS leads.... Hmmm. And he was full time.

And I've often heard "no don't show him, A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

:o

Stu

In my experience (I'm not too sure about others) my full timers have had cassies who have been nothing but humpers/stage crew, and have decided that giving them even the slimest bit of knowledge would not be a good idea!

Stu

I usually find the problem is those with a little knowledge professing to have far more than they actually do!

It often seems to be an issue with older teachers, who aren't so good at admitting to gaps in their knowledge... :o

Pride is also a factor, some people will not admit that they don't know something....

in this business, the pressure is on for you to know everything, But the separation between the

professional and the hack is... if the pro doesn't know something, he will get you the person who does. :o

but no knowledge can be deadly

I would probably have to go against what you say.. if you know nothing....... you would NOT try and do something. like... say rewire a 200A TPNE supply............. if you know a little........... thinking you know more that you do... this is when it gets serious............. see my point?

Waite a moment....from the looks of the posts.... I believe I see a recuring theme..

Is this British held forum? I just realized that... a just looked at the address from most of the people here

who would have known... you can't hear the accent :o

you would NOT try and do something. like... say rewire a 200A TPNE supply

Surely if you had no knowledge at all, you would be quite happy to have a play with a 200A supply, not knowing the results! :o

Surely if you had no knowledge at all, you would be quite happy to have a play with a 200A supply, not knowing the results!  

good point, and with a little knowledge you might have the sense to try to get some help, like I said its the first step to lots of knowledge

Archived