Airfader - scene update time

Lamplighter

I recently started using Airfader with my LS9-16. On my tablet ( Acer Iconia W500) it takes over 6 seconds to update to a scene change, whereas on my laptop it is about 1/2 second. My aim was to use the tablet as a fader wing when using large numbers of radio mics. 6 seconds is an eternity in this situation and doesn't seem right. Anyone else had experience with Airfader and this tablet?

Brian

I did a scene change last night and it was maybe a second, maybe throw an email at Adam he's pretty prompt considering the time difference. How far were you from the board/wifi router. I'd imagine the further you were would increase, but not to that extent.

Good luck

maybe throw an email at Adam

Therein lies the problem, I have E-mailed, more than once over an extended period. I still await a reply. I understand that I am not alone in waiting for information.

Could you confirm which tablet you were using. I have tried both through a router and also a short direct connection.

Brian

I have the Acer W500 and I have no problems airfader and have no problems with it. I also have the yamaha own software on it as well.

I only use that W500 for a few thing like controlling the LS9/32, controlling light via usb interface or car dignostics.

what antivirus software do you use. I used to use AVG but stop as it use to think my lighting program that I use was a virus and it also though my car dignostic software was a virus. I have started using windows security essentials and the tablet runs much faster now. you mite have to tell your firewall to allow full access to airfader.

• 4 weeks later...

I recall a post from someone with two very similar tablets, one of which took about 1 second, the other about 6. He surmised that the problem was the second being 'glopped up with unwanted crap', but I did not see a followup.

The tablet concerned has now been rebuilt with a pristine " bare bones " Windows 7, with fresh downloads of DME driver and Airfader. The scene refresh time is still around 6 seconds.

Brian

Archived