Avolites Titan Remote

gordontech

Hello there,

Just tried to use the remote on my expert and it didnt work right. I tried all the usual suspect things including a different router. But no.

Thinking back it hasn't work since I put version 6 on it. Has anyone had it working since Tv6 came about?

The issues with remote were well known which is why it is being re-written. It is already in an advanced stage having been previewed at Plasa 2012.

Note that version 6.1 was made available recently which is a maintenance release to fix some important issues. Check that this is installed. If you still have any problems with any functions, particularly crashing, then please report it either at the Avolites forum or to Avo directly if you have not done so already. Feedback is vital in fixing software problems.

Yeah already on 6.1.. I updated all our consoles as soon as it came out! And already sent a few show and log files!

With my current production I'm really pushing the console and its had a good few episodes over the last two days of intense programming where's its stumbled and crashed :(!

On other notes, In my opinion there's a lot more the desk could do... Springing to mind straight away is the shape gen.. no linking, no shapes over white or amber attributes.

It's come along way, but still needs more for it to compete with other consoles!! Keep going Avo :-) I have faith!

Adding shapes is very easy for Avo to do and relatively easy for the end user by editing the shapefile. Pending general shape improvements at the UI level I do intend to push an overhaul of the existing functions again but I'm just too busy at the moment. However, if you want to do it yourself please visit the Avo forum and I will try to give details.

I believe ETC contracted a company to produce all of the personality values for the gel picker on their desks, I'm sure Avolites could do something similar rather than trying to do it themselves. It's like Al said, Avolites desks have come a long way but they still arn't on the same level as things like an Eos or a GrandMA. Attribute wheels that work on both the touch wing, and the expert console at the same time would be much less of a headache as well :)

I believe ETC contracted a company to produce all of the personality values for the gel picker on their desks, I'm sure Avolites could do something similar rather than trying to do it themselves.

I'm sure if you sent them a cheque to cover the cost they'd be glad to take up your offer.

Avolites desks have come a long way but they still arn't on the same level as things like an Eos or a GrandMA.

This very much depends what you are doing with them. For live/busked shows they are still top of the class in my opinion, and the number of Avo consoles you see at such events would support this. Theatre and totally pre-programmed shows, less so.

Agreed with the previous post! What I'm doing at the moment is basically a big blend of theatre, rock n roll and corporate all bundled into one production!

I dud find another funny issue with the console! If you lock it it's great so no one can knock a playback or start messing around with it! ....... Until you pres THRU and it unlocks with out the code! Haha

Archived