Idiot/DJ Proof Hazer

Ken Coker

Comrades

Any suggestions for an idiot/DJ proof hazer?

It's for a medium sized club room

It doesn't need DMX

It needs to run for 4-5 hours three or four times a week.

Yes, I'd love a DF 50 too, but they're two and a half-grand. Think GBP 500 - 1000.

Thanks

KC

Unique 2? They're about £600-700, and they can have a simple switch or a pot to control the fluid pump. They'll also use DMX if you wanted to.

Thanks. I like the idea of a 220 litre barrel.

I'm also looking at the Martin Magnum, the Neutron and a Smoke Factory machine.

KC

idiot/DJ proof hazer and unique don't really go together,as they tend to get a bit upset if not shut down correctly,in the case of the unique that dont mean just pulling the plug at the end of the night

Which is exactly why the MVS is not being let out of the main room any more....the Magnum is looking most likely at the moment.

KC

idiot/DJ proof hazer and unique don't really go together,as they tend to get a bit upset if not shut down correctly,in the case of the unique that dont mean just pulling the plug at the end of the night

I've found the same thing with a Neutron. Had one person just pull the plug on it and it refused to haze the next day http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Uniques fare a bit better as they don't have a shut-down cycle as such. They have an aquarium air pump which is constantly pushing air through the heater, and the haze fluid gets introduced into this airstream. All that happens when you shut them down is that they keep the air flowing through the heater, but don't allow you to introduce any more fluid. This effectively 'purges' the heater of any remaining fluid which might otherwise clog up the pipes.

Uniques fare a bit better as they don't have a shut-down cycle as such

so what is

they keep the air flowing through the heater, but don't allow you to introduce any more fluid. This effectively 'purges' the heater of any remaining fluid which might otherwise clog up the pipes.

if its not a shut down cycle? And they most certainly get clogged up very easily given the lovely E8 message if you don't let them run the shut down cycle

What I meant was that the shut down cycle wasn't doing anything special, and the same thing can easily be achieved by simply turning the fluid pump off with the desk/remote and then leaving the machine for a while before you switch it off at the mains. I wasn't trying to suggest that you could simply unplug a Unique while it was running at full output without causing problems.

Antari HZ-100, or HZ-400 hazers?

(Or Robe 400FT hazers, same thing)

Both are quite happy with being switched off at the wall. 2.5lt Tank, that would last Possibly a week, before running empty.

Fan at the back just needs occasionally wiping clean, but other than that I can't fault the things.

Magnum is a water based fan-hazer, the haze is ok but nothing different to a smoke machine with a fan. Doesn't need any special shut down though.

Had a Magnum 2500Hz on trial. Found the fan a lot noiser than my trusty Technohaze and when the remote was turned on or off, it made a noise like a jet plane as it purged itself.

Had a Magnum 2500Hz on trial. Found the fan a lot noiser than my trusty Technohaze and when the remote was turned on or off, it made a noise like a jet plane as it purged itself.

Indeed... all fan based hazers are quite noisy. Fine for a club/dj though as Ken was asking. Not so good for theatre.

Archived