Magic Q - Execute window.

Richard CSL

I have MQ on a magic DMX dongle, so MQ in Demo mode.

I have created a DJ friendly execute screen. However when I View max, the screen expands to full size, but when I click on any of the buttons the screen reduces back to normal view mode.

I need MQ to open in Execute mode and the screen to remain stable, help please?

Usual answer relating to hardware, I'm afraid.

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=55196

Edit: Oops, not the right topic exactly. Will go and find the other one...

OK, can't find it now. I'm sure this has been discussed before. My recollection is that what you are hoping for isn't supported at the MagicDMX / Demo end of things.

From the MagicQ Manual - v1.5.7.2, p200

"When MagicQ PC is not connected to a MagicQ USB interface or MagicQ USB Wing then a number of remote and automation features are restricted, and 'Demo Mode' is shown in the title bar. This does not affect programming or playback.

The Restricted features are:

* Execute Window Full Screen

* Scheduled Events

* Remote Control Protocol (serial or network)

* Web Servber editing (viewing is supported)

* Autostarting Playbacks

* Playback Synchronisation

* Multi Programming

* Triggering of playbacks using DMX input

* Mouse control of Pan/Tilt (only supported with PC wing with encoders)

* iPhone / iPad / Android remote

* Audio control and playback synchronisation with Winamp

Note that the MagicDMX interface does not lift these restrictions, as this is a low-cost interface intended for learning how to program the system."

So, the cheapest option to enable the feature you want is the Chamsys 2-universe USB interface - you'd have to ask Chamsys for their current price, but I think it's around £450.

Note that the MagicDMX interface does not lift these restrictions, as this is a low-cost interface intended for learning how to program the system."

So, the cheapest option to enable the feature you want is the Chamsys 2-universe USB interface - you'd have to ask Chamsys for their current price, but I think it's around £450.

I only paid a little more than that for the chamsys 4port artnet/DMX unit which is a great piece of kit and also unlocks the demo mode.

Archived