Lighting Hire Suggestions

p.k.roberts

I need to colour wash some trees for an event next month and need to hire about 10 suitably IP rated colour mixing fixtures. I'll be hitting the phones myself later, so am not simply looking for directory listings, but would like to know if anybody has any first hand recommendations for companies in the Herts/Essex/North London areas.

I need to colour wash some trees for an event next month and need to hire about 10 suitably IP rated colour mixing fixtures. I'll be hitting the phones myself later, so am not simply looking for directory listings, but would like to know if anybody has any first hand recommendations for companies in the Herts/Essex/North London areas.

Drax Lighting based in Dunstable (J9 of the M1) have got a selection of Colorado Tri Tour IP Fixtures (which I've used myself and they're very good) - lovely and bright. Good quality kit too. Along with the standard selection of spike spots, MBI floods and other bits and pieces.

01582 475614

I'll offer another recommendation for Drax lighting. Nice people and good kit.

My other goto in that end of the country is Impact Productions, a bit further out than you want probably, but another good company, and they have a selection of outdoor kit including city colours.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I did end sourcing the Colorado Tri IP units from Drax and I was quite impressed with them; fair output, good dimming, useful split yoke and menus not too arcane. The only thing that drove me mad were the proprietry connectors (especially those for power) which are horribly fiddly, in this instance, supplied in 5m lengths (so more fiddy joins)and used some of the most horrible HO7 I've come across in a long time. So apart from the extra rigging and de-rigging time this entailed, I would recommend them.

Archived