Palette fade times - Peal Classic

Thomas1987

Hi all, due to my lovely Expert getting a beer shower I'm on a Tiger today, with classic Avo. One thing that I just cannot get to work is in take over mode, typing a number on the keypad, and selecting a palette and it taking that long to fade.

Eg. 2, Press Red button, Mac 700's take 2 seconds to fade to red.

I'm sure I did this fine on another rig, but it doesn't seem to work since I've reformatted this desk - any advice? Is there a function I've disabled?

And, yes I'm in Takeover mode.

Very bemused!

I've seen a couple of reports of this happening but was as confused as you. Unfortunately I don't recall anyone ever discovering the reason or whether it was solved.

However, check the following:

- For a palette to recall without selecting any fixtures 'quick palettes' must be enabled in user settings.

- For an attribute to fade it must be set to 'fading' in the personality. Assuming this is colour mixing it is very unlikely it is not set to fade but you could double-check by recording a cue with timing, or a crossfading chase etc. If it does happen to be this then it can be changed in patch/patch utilities/set reset instant mode. To see the current settings you need a VDU connected but you can change them blind if necessary.

- See if this happens after a wipeall using a basic patch.

I've seen a couple of reports of this happening but was as confused as you. Unfortunately I don't recall anyone ever discovering the reason or whether it was solved.

However, check the following:

- For a palette to recall without selecting any fixtures 'quick palettes' must be enabled in user settings.

- For an attribute to fade it must be set to 'fading' in the personality. Assuming this is colour mixing it is very unlikely it is not set to fade but you could double-check by recording a cue with timing, or a crossfading chase etc. If it does happen to be this then it can be changed in patch/patch utilities/set reset instant mode. To see the current settings you need a VDU connected but you can change them blind if necessary.

- See if this happens after a wipeall using a basic patch.

How odd, I've done a quick chase with Mac 700's (attributes using CMY), from white to blue, over 5 seconds, and its perfect. Palettes though, nothing. If I set a global fade time (under focus) nothing happens at all either.

Gagh. Could currently throttle whoever pinted my Pearl Carlsberg.

Edit: Its positions as well, so any timed pallets at all. I've checked the software and its the latest (well 2008). Maybe a call to Avo.

Silly point time, but you are selecting fixtures before you press your time? Also, do you have the 'Dimmer' attribute selected so that all attributes in a pallette are applied? (or the correct attribute that you are trying to apply?)

It's been a while since I was on a Pearl, but what you want to do should definately be working, out-of-the-box, if you will.

Ian

Silly point time, but you are selecting fixtures before you press your time? Also, do you have the 'Dimmer' attribute selected so that all attributes in a pallette are applied? (or the correct attribute that you are trying to apply?)

It's been a while since I was on a Pearl, but what you want to do should definately be working, out-of-the-box, if you will.

Ian

Yep - rang Avo this afternoon and thoroughly confused the chap at the other end - as I suspected, was doing everything correct, its a bit of a mystery to them to. They're looking into it and will ring me back.

Bit late for tonights show but hey - I personally blame the chump who drowned my desk, as would be very happily using that instead! C'est la vie.

Archived