Striping/Cue Track Software

Brian

I'm looking for a simple, quick and cheap bit of software to do the following...

1) Produce an on screen digital clock, complete with countdown section.

2) Insert cue text

3) Lay a stereo audio track alongside

or

1) Produce an on screen digital clock, complete with countdown section.

2) Insert cue text

3) Lay a mono audio track alongside

4) Lay a 25fps SMPTE timecode track alongside

...both to end up on DVD.

It needs to be frame accurate.

The 'domestic' version of Vegas is very cheap (and available as for a period as a free 'try-out'). It may not be the most elegant solution, but it will do what you want.

Use the 'Media Generator' tool to generate the appropriate length of media, then overlay it with 'burnt-in' time-code using the 'Video FX' tab. Then render the result down to a single track. Right click on the newly created media in the time-line and select the 'reverse' option.

Use the titling tool to add the cue text.

Slap on your music and use the bundled DVD software to burn your disc. Viola!

As I say, not elegant, but potentially free.

The 'domestic' version of Vegas is very cheap (and available as for a period as a free 'try-out').

Thanks. I don't mind paying what looks like £50 if it'll reliably do what I want.

I would be happy to knock these up for you in after effect complete with your own custom graphics.

Thanks for the offer. I'm really looking for something that will let me do this myself, and probably more importantly, change things at short notice.

Hi Brian

I found this old clock leader project knocking about whilst I was doing something else so I thought I'd upload it for you anyway as it might save you some time (or not, who knows!) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fw433exviuqq2za/MUv7qHtc5M/clock_leader.mov.zip its a count down 30sec leader like what they use on TV (though there is no audio on this) - adding your own text and or cropping out the bits you need should be very easy in vegas movie studio or whatever.

I hope this helps.

cheers

tom

Archived