Pearl Tiger memory playback help

richieclare

Hi there

I'm a first time poster and also an idiot so go easy :) I have an Avolites Pearl Tiger desk that is probably doing what it is meant to do but I'm having trouble understanding.

I have 4 chromafloods that I've set up as a fixture on the desk. I use the attribute bank to set them all to blue, save to a memory and then do the same again for green. I go to edit time and set the mode to 2 so that I can fade the colour in and out with the memory fader. However if I push up the first fader (getting blue) and then the second fader (getting green) and then pull down the first fader (still green) and then the second fader the blue is still showing.

Can anyone help me understand why that is happening? I suspect it is something to do with LTP. I send it the blue command then the green but when I bring down the blue memory it's not turning the blue off.

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me understand what is happening

Thanks

Richard

Make sure that only one of the colour components is in the programmer at the time of recording and use 'by channel' type as opposed to 'by fixture'. This is important. When using 'by fixture' (default), all attributes of any selected fixtures will be recorded. You can toggle the record mode type on the softkeys after pressing record.

Make sure that only one of the colour components is in the programmer at the time of recording and use 'by channel' type as opposed to 'by fixture'. This is important. When using 'by fixture' (default), all attributes of any selected fixtures will be recorded. You can toggle the record mode type on the softkeys after pressing record.

Hi - thanks for the suggestion. That adds the colours up but then does let me drop the first colour out so does work (I was just trying to make my life even easier ;)). I've tried recording by fixture and making sure that the colour channels I don't want are set to 0% but whatever is in the first memory fader when I push it up remains. I'm convinced I'm doing something simple wrong which always does my head in!!!!

I think I might have confused you. You must use 'by channel' mode:

- Clear

- Select fixtures

- Set Red at 100%

- Record

- Toggle to [by Channel]

- Set mode to [2]

- Select destination playback

- Set Red at 0%

- Clear

Repeat for Green and Blue and test.

sorry I think it is me confusing things. I did as you described above and it works fine but when I have 2 playbacks up it combines the colours (as I'd expect - I just need to drop the first playback) - if I wanted to replace the colour (rather than combine) I'd use 'by fixture' however when I do that the first colour I push up still remains even after I bring down the fader. I think I'm really bad at explaining the issue :) What you've suggested works great and I'm just trying to understand why I have the issue when I record by fixture

Thanks for the help

I understand. Unfortunately this is a problem with mode 2. If you fire a cue with a particular fixture(s)/attribute(s) in mode 2 and then fire another mode 2 cue that shares these fixture(s)/attribute(s) then the values from the first cue will become permanent.

Solutions are:

Either

- Deliberately program mode 2 cues so there are no overlapping attributes

or

- Avoid firing overlapping mode 2 cues at the same time (difficult in my experience)

or

- Modify or change personality so the RGB channels are HTP.

Note that while it is easy to change the personality this cannot be done on the console and will mean programming these fixtures from scratch. There are also issues with using too many HTP channels in the classic consoles. Maximum total HTP channels is 240. As you increase HTP channels you reduce performance (ie. response speed).

I understand. Unfortunately this is a problem with mode 2. If you fire a cue with a particular fixture(s)/attribute(s) in mode 2 and then fire another mode 2 cue that shares these fixture(s)/attribute(s) then the values from the first cue will become permanent.

Solutions are:

Either

- Deliberately program mode 2 cues so there are no overlapping attributes

or

- Avoid firing overlapping mode 2 cues at the same time (difficult in my experience)

or

- Modify or change personality so the RGB channels are HTP.

Note that while it is easy to change the personality this cannot be done on the console and will mean programming these fixtures from scratch. There are also issues with using too many HTP channels in the classic consoles. Maximum total HTP channels is 240. As you increase HTP channels you reduce performance (ie. response speed).

Thanks chief - appreciate all the time you've spent helping me understand.

Archived