Titan One Virtual Console

mrboo

Whats people views about Titan one? £100 for what you get with magic q without a wing

I got a quick demo of it at Plasa. The software itself seems excellent, and as Tim says its a good way to introduce yourself to Avo, and what you learn on this you can also apply to larger consoles.

I think I might struggle to cope with just a laptop for any kind of show that requires much in the way of busking. I like having flash buttons to hammer. It might be easier for nightclub style shows.

I think I might struggle to cope with just a laptop for any kind of show that requires much in the way of busking. I like having flash buttons to hammer. It might be easier for nightclub style shows.

Yes, personally I wouldn't want to run a show from a touchscreen. I wonder if you can use midi devices with it, I never thought to ask that.

£70 ex VAT, with a student discount available.

You get the full range of patching, pixel mapper, cue stack, palette etc. The 1 universe output can be done either over DMX or Artnet. When you don't have the dongle plugged it it will output all 12 DMX lines with a spoiler, so you can use it to preprogram shows for other consoles.

If, like me, your're rubbish with virtual faders, there is a playback window which you can page, resize buttons etc, and you can save cues, chases, shapes, cue lists, pixel maps etc here, and set the buttons to be latch, flash, go, whatever you like.

It's designed for students, nightclubs as you say Stuart, rental houses for their testing bench, theatres with small studio spaces, conference rooms, the list goes on... Training is free here at Avo HQ, and we're doing a UK roadshow in a couple of weeks time if you're not near the big smoke...

Jesus no. We already do half of the work for the vidiots and the noise boys have it easy enough as it is. We will end up doing all the work while they spend the rig/show/de-rig in the bar! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

It'd be good for those DJ events where you despite setting all the atomics off every time he speaks, you still can't get the MC to shut up.

And complaints to the noise boys just get rejected with a "I'll come up and see when I've finished this pint".

1347555077[/url]' post='451556']
1347545891[/url]' post='451532']

We will end up doing all the work while <the noiseboys> spend the rig/show/de-rig in the bar!

What a truly excellent idea! B-)

sorry, I forgot that was an old post and it's already been like that for ageshttp://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

We will end up doing all the work while <the noiseboys> spend the rig/show/de-rig in the bar!

What a truly excellent idea! B-)

sorry, I forgot that was an old post and it's already been like that for ageshttp://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Golden Rule: If someone else can do it, Let them do it.. ;-)

I'm looking forward to the release of this.

Not necessarily for use as a virtual console; I must admit I don't have much use for one.

No, because of the interface it will offer: Up until now, offline Titan programming has been somewhat difficult due to the fact that you have to interact with it through the "virtual panel". The Titan One, of course, doesn't need a virtual panel.

• 1 month later...

Archived