Moving Light Rain Cover

ablett

Hi Chris,

I'm guessing it was you talking to my colleague Tim Fawkes earlier?

I did have a look on the Martin rain covers, and from the spec on Martins Website they only go down to the MAC550's so I think you will struggle finding something ready made for 250 Entours.

Best I could offer would be Robe 1200 Domes which obviously is a bit overkill.

Cheers

I did have a look on the Martin rain covers, and from the spec on Martins Website they only go down to the MAC550's so I think you will struggle finding something ready made for 250 Entours.

FYI The clamp spacing on a MAC 550 is identical to a MAC 250 Entour so the Martin one's should work. As to where to source them sorry can't help you there, although I would second the suggestion of PRG or maybe Richard Martin Lighting.

FYI The clamp spacing on a MAC 550 is identical to a MAC 250 Entour so the Martin one's should work. As to where to source them sorry can't help you there, although I would second the suggestion of PRG or maybe Richard Martin Lighting.

HI John,

Even if the clamp spacing on the 250 Entour and the MAC550 is the same, they use different omega brackets, and the positioning of the safety wire attachment on the base of the 250 Entour is offset to the edge of the base instead of being in the center of the base as it is on the fixtures Martin says it is suitable for use with.

Using it with a 250 Entour means that there will be two slots that would need secondary sealing to provide water protection and you would have to bodge a solution for the safety wire. I would assume that is why Martin doesn't say it is suitable for use with the 250's.

Archived