Best LED Batten for corporate

numberwrong

I'm sure the Blue room has some strong opinions on this!!

A client asked me on what I'd recommend they invest in, I really like Pixel lines but they're not cheap and the colour mixing looks a bit flakey near the light source. I haven't seen the smart line stuff from James Thomas yet.

In reality they will be used to uplight set panels, not sure if its worth them getting something that can double as a good fixture to be driven by a media server with some video content.

Do the battens need to be specific lengths - I'm very impressed with the Varytec 24 cell (3x3) battens - I bought a dozen and have used them for all sorts of things and love them (as much as I hate the 2 year old LED PAR56s I used to judge all LED by!)

The company are replacing their pulsar chroma banks, the replacement will be their only batten LED fixture to accompany Chroma Q colour splits and various other smaller LED fixtures so I think its best to stick to something at least 4' long (set panels are normally 4').

I like the idea of RGBWA but I dont think the Chauvet stuff will be quite high end enough, although I've never used any of their stuff before.

I suppose PLASA 'aint to far away now....

Have a look at the Chroma-Q Colorforce range. Very bright, theatrical style dimmer curve and the RGBA colour mixing will give you a lot better colours than you will get from any cheap LED fixture, even if it has RGBAW mixing..They do a 4ft version of it that will be well suited for what you describe. Added bonus is, as you already have other Chroma-Q RGBA fixtures, the colours will match very close.

Hi James,

As Spantax says, the Colour force is a great LED Fixture, with a number of features that make it ideal for a rental company, such as Magic Amber (where you control the fixture as a RGB unit and the Amber LEDs are automatically mixed) and arrange of accessories that make for a versatile fixture.

If you would like a Demo, please fell free to drop me a line, or swing by the Chroma Q stand at PLASA (EC1 Stand E8) where we will have the full range in action, (along with some new additions to the Force family of fixtures)

Many thanks

You could try the LEDJ colour storm quads, available in 0.5 or 1 metre, RGBW, powercon in and out, 5 pin and 3 pin DMX, each cell is 8 watts of RGBW.

DMX channels are selectable from 4 to 61

Here is a product link

http://www.prolight.co.uk/PRO/item.php?id=509353/

We have demo units available if you want to try them out, I could also put you in touch with the Contact Theatre technicians in Manchester who used them recently for a gig, for some product feedback.

I like the idea of RGBWA but I dont think the Chauvet stuff will be quite high end enough, although I've never used any of their stuff before.

Don't discount the Chauvet brand. My first thoughts when offered the Colorado Tri Tours for our stage were 'Hmmm... DJ tat" but after seeing them in action we bought 16 of them. I've had a couple of the mid spec LED battens on loaner as well and they're not half bad.

Chauvet were mainly a DJ supplier but their gear is definitely moving up the quality tree these days.

Hi James,

I work for MT-Pro Ltd and we have a 1m batten with 18x 8W quadcolour LEDS, PowerCon connectors and a proper hanging bracket. It has an optional extra to convert it into a cyc wash and each LED can be addressed individually. It is as bright as the Pixeline, half the size and with better colour mixing. Have a look on our website- product code MTC-BATTEN2.

Tony Bailey Pro Sales Manager

Don't discount the Chauvet brand. My first thoughts when offered the Colorado Tri Tours for our stage were 'Hmmm... DJ tat" but after seeing them in action we bought 16 of them. I've had a couple of the mid spec LED battens on loaner as well and they're not half bad.

Likewise - the COLORado Batten 72 Tour from Chauvet (Also sold as the Showtec CYC-2000 or CYC-1500 depending what catalogue you read) is a pretty decent LED batten. I've got quite a few of them and get used for smaller corporate-esque events regularly as well as some theatre use.

Archived