Miniscan HPE 'dead'

Jamtastic3

Hi all.

Got a dead Miniscan HPE, that is, it won't light up, home, or activate the fans.

Looking at the circuitry, after the fuse holder is the safety switch and after the safety switch is the ignitor that divides power to the lamp itself and to the fans and transformers/electronics.

My guess is that the ignitor has gone, but could it be something else?

What's the normal moving light diagnostic in this situation?

Cheers for any help!

The ignitor is just there to strike the lamp, it's nothing to do with the electronics.

To start with you need to trace the mains voltage through from the input using a 240V multimeter and see where it is not getting to.

I asume you checked the fuse in the iec socket?

Check BOTH fuses in the IEC socket as the Miniscan has a fuse on both live and neutral (mine do, anyway). If its not the fuses, it will almost certainly be the switch. If it is, I've got a couple I've removed off a couple of mine when I converted them to LED. If you need one, let me know.

Thanks for the advice guys. I actually changed the safety switch last week as I had thought that was the problem so I know that it must not be that.

I'll meter between the fuse holder and safety switch but I'm thinking that it's another duff fuse holder again. Had this problem before with other Miniscan's. Must be wear and tear on the holder contacts inside I guess....

Archived