need advice on in-ear headphones

scoutnetworker

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice from my noise boy countaparts...

I've just finished doing a tour at which the monitor engineer lent me a pair of generic in-ears so I could listen in on the mix and also have a decent set of in-ears when programming up the show with a playback track.

I after a bit of advice really, I've decided to get a set of semi-decent generic in-ears, any recommendations?

My budget is about £120 (but will revise this on the recommendations I get...but definitly not going up to the price of custom in-ears) and please remember I'm a lampie and get confused about things that aren't shiny!!

Thanks

Alan

As you are not using them to play an instrument,

i.e. pitch and external noise reduction are not as important,

I would recomend you look at the Shure SE115-CL

priced around £110 ish and sounds very good

Supercres: I think the first time it was the left-hand side, then right-hand side twice in a row. I use the foam bud for my right ear, since the rubber ones slide out of my right ear (no matter what side), so that takes a little more doing to get it in my ear.

As you are not using them to play an instrument,

i.e. pitch and external noise reduction are not as important,

I would recomend you look at the Shure SE115-CL

priced around £110 ish and sounds very good

pitch isn't that important (especially as I'm pretty much tone deaf!!) but noise isolation is VERY important... nothing worse than programming a rig to a song and having the band faffing around on stage jamming while waiting for the turn.... had that everyday of the last tour!!

I've found that when trying to get earplugs or earbuds in, and having trouble, pulling up on the top of the ear helps to open the ear canal and get them in.

You could always use some of the ear-lube that ACS supply. Personally, I've always found that a quick lick round the edge of the earbud helps it go in more easily. :o

Thanks for the advice all,

I've actually brought myself two pair in the end (got them for a great price); Ultimate Ears triple fi 10 and Shure SE530... probably wont keep them both but will decide after trying them both

cheers

Alan

Archived