Allen & Heath Desk Phantom Power

pjrails

Hi All

I have a Allen & Heath ZED 22FX desk and the phantom power has stopped working on all channels.

Has anyone got any idea if there is an internal fuse I can change or can you point me to a good repair centre / person.

It was bought from Dolphin Music about 2 years ago and have been told by them today they do not do repairs.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

PJ

A&H themselves are very helpful - give them a call. When I had a problem with one of my desks, I had a chat with one of their service guys who was able to offer enough information over a couple of emails for me to trace the fault and fix it.

Do dolphin not have an extended warranty. I have it in my head that they offer 4 years but that may be someone else.

No I did ask but it was out of warrenty (as normal)

PJ

Good advice above - your nearest A&H service centre will be able to sort you out. If everything else is working OK (including the FX) - then there will be a component failure in the +48volt supply on the power supply board. This is a conventional TL783 linear regulator circuit - fed from a secondary winding on the high frequency transformer, via a high speed rectifier diode.

Don't work on this type of PSU unless you are familiar with the safety implications - as there are serious voltages present on the primary side - that might do more than just bite......

Archived