Can I do this with my Avolites Azure ?

Discosucks

So what I want to be able to do is program attributes / pallets to a play back buttons .

so say 41 - 50 would be my mover colors / gobo's

31 - 40 would be my shapes for the movers ect .

Im Not that up to date with avolites or lighting in general

so any help would be greatly appreciated .

The Azure has dedicated buttons for saving palettes, they are on the top right of the console below the fixture select buttons. See page 59 of the Azure manual which you can download from the Avo website.

Also if you want to save colours or whatever to the playback buttons above the faders, you can save in "Save by Channel" mode. This gives you a playback which only affects the colour and doesn't change anything else about the fixture. This is described on page 69 of the manual.

The Azure has dedicated buttons for saving palettes, they are on the top right of the console below the fixture select buttons. See page 59 of the Azure manual which you can download from the Avo website.

Also if you want to save colours or whatever to the playback buttons above the faders, you can save in "Save by Channel" mode. This gives you a playback which only affects the colour and doesn't change anything else about the fixture. This is described on page 69 of the manual.

Ok but its the shapes / pallets I really want to recorded on the play back buttons, also is there a way to set them that when activated the start on a slower speed and tighter size?

Thank you very much for your help .

Ok but its the shapes / pallets I really want to recorded on the play back buttons, also is there a way to set them that when activated the start on a slower speed and tighter size?

Um, well you just save the shape to the button using Record by Channel mode.

You can set the speed and size of the shape before you save it.

This is pretty basic stuff, have a read through the manual because it's all in there.

Um, well you just save the shape to the button using Record by Channel mode.

You can set the speed and size of the shape before you save it.

This is pretty basic stuff, have a read through the manual because it's all in there.

Iv done all of the above but it doesn't really allow for live programming .

Iv done all of the above but it doesn't really allow for live programming .

It should do, I know a few people who run an Azure like that for "busking" shows. Azure is not the best for busking, it was really meant for fixed nightclub install where the DJ occasionally selected another program, but you can do it.

If it doesn't work like you expected, you have probably saved attributes into your playbacks that you didn't want - in what way does it not work for you?

I've been using Azure's to busk lights in various nightclubs for the last 7 years and never had issue with the desk, so it's definately possible.

However, you should probably think in columns rather than rows due to the way the desk auto cancels playbacks, and shapes when applied to a memory need to keep running - you can't just recall the memory and the shape will run.

When programming, I normally have the first three columns layed out as

CIRC|PAN |TILT
S2L| S2L| S2L
----+----+----
CIRC|PAN |TILT
FST| FST| FST
----+----+----
CIRC|PAN |TILT
MED| MED| MED
----+----+----
CIRC|PAN |TILT
SLW| SLW| SLW
----+----+----
CIRC|PAN |TILT
SIZE|SIZE|SIZE

The bottom three "SIZE" playbacks are recorded with so the fader position affects the size of the shape. Per column you can run any memory from the top four rows, as well as the memory on the fader. The different combinations of speed, size and shapes provide a multitude of varied position effects.

James's example is exactly how the Azure is run in clubs and one could argue is the way it is designed to work. Although some other elements are a bit more of a PITA than a Pearl, being able to run any one of 4 in the column, plus the fader, is what makes it an ideal club desk for busking. Additional playback faders used for Intensity can have colours, gobos, positions etc stacked over them for recall in one press.

As has been suggested further up, the understanding moving light attributes, Record by Channel and reading the User Manual is the key here. There is understanding required that can't be circumvented with a "magic" forum answer. It's all there.

Ok this has been very helpful ,

I have been using the desk for two years now , I used to just program everything and store it all on play backs, this looks

messy when changing to another play back . Im not really a lampie but plan to make more of an effort .

I have indeed read the manual but must have missed the Using shapes in memories part , silly I know!

so one more question , how do I program a fader to control the size of a shape?

You set the playback to be in "mode 2" - [set Time] - playback button - softkey G. See page 72 of the manual. This is not described very well in reference to shapes, but if you set a playback to be in Mode 2 then any shapes in it will gradually get bigger as you push the fader up.

You set the playback to be in "mode 2" - [set Time] - playback button - softkey G. See page 72 of the manual. This is not described very well in reference to shapes, but if you set a playback to be in Mode 2 then any shapes in it will gradually get bigger as you push the fader up.

Having set a playback to Mode 2 (as described, or Memory > 2 > Playback Swop while recording) you will also want to go a look in the Shape Gen > Playback Parameters. Choose pb Swop, check softbuttons: This sets the control fader control of size / speed / both etc. with Static or Timed or similar - think default is both Timed) Quite often I only really want speed control and shape to stay a certain size, but go faster or slower.

Having set a playback to Mode 2 (as described, or Memory > 2 > Playback Swop while recording) you will also want to go a look in the Shape Gen > Playback Parameters.

Indeed he would, that's my fading memory of the "classic" avo software.

Archived