Zero88 Jester ML24

lightsource

Have you given Z88 your thoughts on how the operation can be improved?

There were a couple of posts from other users in the Zero 88 forum raising the issue. I had a brief look sunday night, but couldn't find them again, so as Jon Hole confirmed, they are aware of them!

We check these forums, and all those comments have already been logged :-)

Out of interest Jon, is Z88's position on the pallet edit issue still the same? From memory it was something along the lines of it was felt it would add extra complexity that perhaps wouldn't fit with the level of the desk.

Out of the 2 major cons to the desk, the pallet edit issue is by far the most frustrating and it would be interesting to hear other users opinions. It really does increase the amount of time to program even a simple 4 step chase with pallets.

Out of interest Jon, is Z88's position on the pallet edit issue still the same? From memory it was something along the lines of it was felt it would add extra complexity that perhaps wouldn't fit with the level of the desk.

For now, it is the way it is... but we are always working towards improving our products, and our customer feedback is a very important part of this process so thanks for all the comments, and keep them coming!

Personally I prefer Zero88 products to almost any other desk - that's probably because it's what I've used most.

I've never used an ML but I have used a bog standard Jester and it worked well. I've also user a second hand leap frog extensively and found it to be an outstanding desk. The one time I did have a problem with it I took it down to Zero88 in South Wales and they fixed it for me without any problems. They were really helpful and friendly.

For me (and based on your description) I'd grab a second hand Leap Frog if you can find a decent one. It's a more robust desk, easier to program and has a better layout for busking and programming.

Matt

• 2 months later...

Well, to close this one off, just taken delivery of a Zero88 LeapFrog 48. (USB)

Spent the day with it, Patched in a couple of Mac's and a few generics, and I'm loving it.

Currently a child with a new toy to play with :P

I believe I know the exact desk that you've bought! Fantastic deal with the flight case too... I happened to notice feedback left today for a Leap Frog sold by "completeproductionsolutions" on eBay. They have a load of great deals on kit.

Hope you enjoy the desk! :)

I believe I know the exact desk that you've bought! Fantastic deal with the flight case too... I happened to notice feedback left today for a Leap Frog sold by "completeproductionsolutions" on eBay. They have a load of great deals on kit.

Hope you enjoy the desk! :)

That would be the exact one :D

Archived