iMove 5s No Bulb?

samhatcher

Hi,

I've got 2 iMove 5s lights which havent been used for a while due to the fact they've got blown bulbs, after recently digging them out of the cupboard and opening up the lamp hatch the only fault with them seems to be the lack of the HID bulb. My question is, am I ok to turn them on with no bulb connected (all the wires etc disconnected from the screw terminals) to test for any other possible faults before I order two new HID bulbs @ £70 each, or is firing them up with no lamp likely to cause damage?

Many Thanks

Sam

It is ok to run them for a short time, however the ignitor will be continuously firing trying to strike the absent lamp, and this will eventually kill the ignitor. If you disconnect the mains feed to the lamp gear then that is fine.

I would also shop around for the lamps. I think you can get them a lot cheaper online. And it does not sound like you are hiring out and needing to match output of other units, if the cheaper ones are not quite as bright

Archived