Good set, low cost.

PuppetLight

Hi all.

Next year my school are planning to put on a musical, as we ahve not done one for a number of years. The show has not yet been decided,but a budget of £100 has been put aside for set and costume. How you you advise I make the best of this.

Depends largely on which musical you are going to do.

I can think of a few musicals I could stage on that budget.

A bit more information is needed.

Cheers

Gerry

It's far too early to say until you know what the show is, and what it needs. I'd suggest that you don't get too excited with £100 - that's probably not even enough to get the copyright cleared for a musical.

If your teachers have given you the job of organising the show, then they must have an idea of where they want the hundred quid? after all, if they pick a show that needs lots of costumes then your production budget will be blown on costume hire. If they pick something that needs clever sets or creatures that have to be hired in, it goes on that doesn't it?

I'd forget all about it until they decide, then you can start making plans. Next year things may be very different. Hold on now and wait and see.

I think you should look at (and for) some of the old Rolf Harris drawings, maybe something can be found on youtube. He could draw many things on a huge sheet of paper with a 4" brush and some bold strokes.

Once you have a better outline of the show then you should manage to design something adequate to set the scene.

Archived