Yamaha LS9

Original Beef

I have sent you a message

Cheers

jon

I would be grateful if anyone can help me. I am trying to sync my computer to my LS9 but keep getting the following message "Following MIDI ports cannot be opened at this time. Output LS9"

Many thanks

I would be grateful if anyone can help me. I am trying to sync my computer to my LS9 but keep getting the following message "Following MIDI ports cannot be opened at this time. Output LS9"

Many thanks

Assuming that you have setup the DME network driver correctly (If not, http://download.yamaha.com/file/7885 )Check any firewall / AV software is not blocking it.

Its really easy to do, once you know..

This should help you out..

http://www.yamahapro...minar/index.jsp

Click the picture of the book on the bottom right and you can select "connecting to a computer" and so on.

Quick tip.. get yourself the cheapest wifi router with built in hub you can get.

Now setup the router LAN to dhcp all clients but with the network settings required for the ls9.

Now you have a wireless network you can take with your ls9 anywhere you like.. this means you can remotely mix monitors, self mic-check etc but it is as easy as connecting to that wireless network, you wont need to keep editing your network cards ip etc manually.

I got a nano one from ebay that runs off a usb charger (note, I DONT run it from the usb port of the ls9.. that port doesnt even have enough power capability for a usb LED light!). Its not got great range but for the average small gig its more than enough.

In my processor rack I have a more beefy older router I found in an unused office in our building, that does the larger jobs perfectly.

Thanks everybody.

I spoke to Yamaha on Jon's advice and the guy was very helpful. I eventually managed to get the computer to talk to the LS9. I now want to run it via a router but I am having problems again despite another call to Yamaha. I think I need to re-set the ip address on the router but I am not sure how to do this or what to set it to................can anyone help with this please?

without haveing the router here.. not so easy...

You'll need to log in to the routers settings page then edit the LAN IP address ... it must be within the same ranges as the LS9...

Ie. my ls9 is 192.168.0.128 (sad I know that by memory??) so lets make the router 192.168.0.1

Then you make the router DHCP (ie supply ip addresses to anything that connects to it) with lets say the range 192.168.0.2 till 192.168.0.50

the subnet mask must also be the same in all places.

The best place to start would be the router itself.. many will have a sticker with the ip address where to find the settings and the username and password... If there is nothing there... google the make and model and look for the manual.

There are a LOT of videos on youtube that you can watch... even if its not the same router the theory of doing this is the same.

Glad you got it working

I have mine set up via a router and wireless. If the router is set to defauls, then it 'should' work out of the box.

Ring if you need.

Jon

without haveing the router here.. not so easy...

You'll need to log in to the routers settings page then edit the LAN IP address ... it must be within the same ranges as the LS9...

Ie. my ls9 is 192.168.0.128 (sad I know that by memory??) so lets make the router 192.168.0.1

Then you make the router DHCP (ie supply ip addresses to anything that connects to it) with lets say the range 192.168.0.2 till 192.168.0.50

the subnet mask must also be the same in all places.

The best place to start would be the router itself.. many will have a sticker with the ip address where to find the settings and the username and password... If there is nothing there... google the make and model and look for the manual.

There are a LOT of videos on youtube that you can watch... even if its not the same router the theory of doing this is the same.

Archived