Strand 200 Plus 'USB'

pjrails

Hi Folks

Got a Strand 200+ and I don't seem to be able to activate the USB for Up and down loading,

I've searched around without any joy as to why it keeps saying "USB not Ready"

Anyone got any ideas on how to achive this operation.

Cheers in advance

PJ

Try a different USB key... Unfortunately there is no "standard" driver for USB storage, so with LX desks you may have to try a few different types of USB key to find one your console likes - you are probably better with lower capacity (say 128mb) keys than the >2gb ones.

Hi All

Thanks for your replys

I've tried both a 512Mb and a 4Gb sticks with out success and all formated '32FAT'

I'll try and find a very small drive and give that a try.

I'll keep updating as I go

PJ

...formated '32FAT'

Might be worth trying one formatted FAT16. Not everyone supports FAT32 as it requires a licence fee payment to Microsoft.

Also worth an email to Strand support to see if there are any known gotchas.

...formated '32FAT'

Might be worth trying one formatted FAT16. Not everyone supports FAT32 as it requires a licence fee payment to Microsoft.

Also worth an email to Strand support to see if there are any known gotchas.

Hi Brian

My Tech support guys here came up with something similar and have formated to FAT only , but still no joy.

Have contacted Strand tech support for their ideas as well

Cheers

PJ

It's always worth trying to format the drive in the desk itself rather than in a computer - sometimes they're happy with a drive that they've formatted but not, for whatever reason, with a drive that's been formatted in what should be exactly the same way, but by a computer.

It's always worth trying to format the drive in the desk itself rather than in a computer - sometimes they're happy with a drive that they've formatted but not, for whatever reason, with a drive that's been formatted in what should be exactly the same way, but by a computer.

Hi Shez

Yes, I thought of that but cannot find any mention in the manual of how to do that. Have you done that on the 200+ if so, how?

PJ

I haven't on the 200+ as it worked straight off so there was no need. There may not be that option there but I've certainly encountered it on other desks where it can be useful.

JUst to bring this thread to an end.

Having been in contact with Strand support I have discovered that with the USB plugged in and then the desk is turned on the USB stick is seen to work without problems and all fixtures and LEDs can be downloaded fine.

PJ

• 1 year later...

JUst to bring this thread to an end.

Having been in contact with Strand support I have discovered that with the USB plugged in and then the desk is turned on the USB stick is seen to work without problems and all fixtures and LEDs can be downloaded fine.

PJ

Hey PJ, What format and size stick did you get this to work with in the end? We've tried the plug it in before powering on and are still having issues.

Cheers

James

Archived