Basic Spdif to analogue

ceecrb1

Just wondering if anybody has tried one of these?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/lindy_audiokonverter_spdif_analog.htm

I am just looking for something "simple" to convert the digi out on my ls9 to analogue, really just to use that output for monitors (for me, not stage).. so "perfection" isnt neccessary but at the same time, they cant be too bad either.

been hunting around and there only seems to be this, a "b-word" one at about 130ish and then the price shoots up to roughly 500€

or does anybody know of anything else?

Yes I have been using this lindy unit to convert the out put from my apple tv to phono, as the monitor I'm using has only analogue in. I've been using the toslink convertor but would imagin the spdif will perform exactly the same.

Very nice peice of kit, you won't be disappointed, I'm very happy, but I always am with lindy kit.

Take a look at the hifi market if you want a mid price DAC. The Cambridge Audio DAC Magic range seems to have a good reputation and Richer Sounds also have a device that looks very similar to that Lindy unit on special offer at a slightly cheaper price.

James.

Ive used these units http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/coosis/digital-audio-decoder-to-analogue-5.1/DADTS.html where you need to take a spdif 5.1 signal to an anologue system and its worked well, not really done much more than connect it up and press the button on the front panel twice then the right sound came out, so ive neither read the manual investigated the possibilities beyond :) it just works and change from a ton.... ...

Archived