Active Speakers

MisterJames

I own 2 of the ELX112 (the unpowered ones) and will soon be purchasing 2 more. They're awesome multi-purpose boxes. I demo'd the active and passive versions of the 12 and 15 and whilst I preferred the sound of the 15, the savings on the 12 were enough to justify it especially when used with a sub.

I use mine with a TSA4-700 and DCX2496 to make a very lightweight amp rack.

E2A: unlike most 15s, the ELX115 is very good with vocals too. A nice clear well rounded box.

P.S. I don't sell EV, I just like them.

Josh

I have a Ld Dave 12 system which I use for presentation and Hotel DJ work very good for 100-150 people.Definitely not man enough for your needs.Just a thought but you say you've blown the rig what exactly is not working ?

The Satalites have just gone, they just distort at any volume... Its a shame was a nice little kit... Ill probably look at a Mackie kit with subwoofers... Its over my price range but a few people I know do rate them!

The Satalites have just gone, they just distort at any volume

That's not surprising, according to the spec sheet their peak is 118dB (& if that's calculated, reality will be somewhat lower) - nowhere near sufficient to cope with the dynamic range and headroom required for live music

Ill probably look at a Mackie kit with subwoofers

:wall:

Haha... Is Mackie really hated that much these days? - I'll admit, the EV's look impressive on paper but electro voice surely your paying for the name abit? - Yamaha also a good box but its just the price... The band doesnt make much and I dont ask for much money either as I just enjoy doing it and I work in IT these days so its a hobby for me. It be a dream to actually have a Professional Kit and a Van haha.

1339265743[/url]' post='442550']
1339263364[/url]' post='442546']

The Satalites have just gone, they just distort at any volume

That's not surprising, according to the spec sheet their peak is 118dB (& if that's calculated, reality will be somewhat lower) - nowhere near sufficient to cope with the dynamic range and headroom required for live music

1339263364[/url]' post='442546']

Ill probably look at a Mackie kit with subwoofers

:wall:

Hope this helps .The satellites have resistor bulbs £2 in , they blow to protect the speaker remove speaker and replace.Buy another Ld 12 pack should be an economic alternative

Yeah your right TonyMitchell... I would prefer a new kit, and its not necessarily a pro kit im looking for but if I was... Where the best place to go for second hand kit where you can go listen and test? Ebay a good start or do you know any good places? Thanks for the help by the way.

Haha... Is Mackie really hated that much these days?

They have been on a downward spiral since their move to China. The original SRM450's etc were reliable and good value boxes.

Over the last few years product reliability has taken a major dip.

Archived