Midas One teaser

Alec

So, had this today, for a 13 Jun launch at InfoComm 2012:

I'm guessing a Pro 1C? Could be a small fader count. Looks like a flatter profile, too, as there's no apparent angle between the two halves of the top panel. Unfortunately, looks like an even less functional EQ section, without even lights to show which EQ band you're adjusting.

Any other pointless conjecture? You know you love it!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x37/alecsp/Various/Midas1Teaser.jpg

Assuming that Behringer's and Midas' marketing departments talk to one another, I think the X32 is probably the intended LS9 killer. Can't see Midas themselves producing something that will compete directly with the X32.

Assuming that Behringer's and Midas' marketing departments talk to one another, I think the X32 is probably the intended LS9 killer. Can't see Midas themselves producing something that will compete directly with the X32.

Just because they belong to the same owner it doesn't mean that Behringer and Midas will not produce similar items to each other. It's like saying that because Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by the same people, that both companies would not build luxury cars because they'd compete with each other.

If you think that a Midas small format and a Behringer small format would be much the same thing you are most mistaken. There is every reason that Midas might bring in a small mixer. Functionality might be similar but I would expect Midas sound quality to be far superior. There is a market for both - Midas for the compact touring console (IE smaller bands doing Academy venues etc, the LS9 is a very popular monitor board for venues which don't have house monitor boards or have analogue ones) and the Behringer for the amateur / semi-pro user looking for a very functional console at a low price.

People really need to get over this concept that because Midas and Behringer are under the same ownership, that they are the same thing. Midas used to be owned by Bosch but it didn't mean that their consoles were in any way related to power drills.

Seeing as the global tap is on the very right of the Pro2C I've got sat next to me, I'm guessing either 12 or 8 faders.

The X32 is aimed at a very different market IMO. It'll have 24 faders (more than the 2C, same as the 2) and only runs at 48KHz over the Pro Series' 96KHz.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly head-to-head with the SD11? A lot will depend on price...

Don't see this, along with the 2C/2 as any competitor to the X32. Very different beasts and still very different rider-friendliness (will be interested to see if this changes for Behringer over the next few years or not)

My bets on absolutely nothing - appart from instant "Dodgy Techs" fame (I swear it has been posted on that FB group about 5 times) - owing to the fact that it was whipped up in photoshop...

Well back to the original topic.

My guess is a 16 fader + L R console with on-board I/O for around £ 8,000

So a cut down PRO2C with on-board I/O. I just hope they do put an AES50 port on it.

Quite. Slightly disappointing that it's not a neat little rackmount unit.

However, at that price, depending on the exact configuration, I could see it stealing plenty of sales from the 2c - what do you think? And yes, a definite potential LS9 killer!

Lest we forget....Yamaha are finally bringing a new product to the market in the shape of the CL series which should cater for some different price points.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/mixers/digital-mixers/cl/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup

Although, judging by this topic it looks like the trend for Every new console to be compared to an LS9, M7CL or PM5D will continue for a while yet....

Although, judging by this topic it looks like the trend for Every new console to be compared to an LS9, M7CL or PM5D will continue for a while yet....

Just as we compare new cars to the Ka, Focus and Mondeo? ;-) It just helps to know the market segment... although I'm sure that this will blur considerably as time goes by.

Archived