VGA Fader

dbuckley

Do VGA faders exist as commerical products?

I've found how to make one here, not that I like that it is basically a shunt arrangement, but its a design. Is there a commercial version? All I can find is things that can fade video, but do other stuff as well, hence with price tags north (and some are a long way north) of $600 USD.

Not directly what you are looking for, but some of our cheapo VGA splitters have internal gain pots - which can go wildly from one extreme to the other - it may be worth seeing if you could modify one to add an external pot which may let you fade all the way to black?

You could setup your computer to have the projector on extended display, and run power point in presenter mode, this means if you quit powerpoint, it will goto background, without desktop just make the desktop bg black.

also presenter mode lets you scroll along and select the slide you want.

Do VGA faders exist as commerical products?

I've found how to make one here, not that I like that it is basically a shunt arrangement, but its a design. Is there a commercial version? All I can find is things that can fade video, but do other stuff as well, hence with price tags north (and some are a long way north) of $600 USD.

Is it for a monitor, aor, as in the article, a projector.

We have a black shutter on a servo mounted so that the shutter covers the lens of the projector. The servo is on DMX from the lighting desk, so we can program the open and close to the cue stack. Could work for you?

I've found how to make one here...

Judging by the last picture in that link, it looks like something (the transformer ?) needed some extra cooling that he fails to mention wasn't in his original design!

That I think is just funny photo with something in the background. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Archived